I am a photographer based in Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island. Like most photographers I wear many hats. My time is split between photography, graphic design, website development and engineering consulting. My photographic specialties are commercial and residential photography.
My strengths are the ability to listen acutely, work efficiently and execute on a plan. I have an ability to work with diverse groups and provide a coherent creative direction.
My commercial clients have included: BC Hydro, Re/Max First Realty, Royal LePage, and many businesses & associations in the Oceanside region of Vancouver Island including: Faye’s Gifts, Petite Pizzazz, Second Avenue Clearance, Beachcreek Farms, Sandiford Homes and Qualicum Beach Downtown Business Association.
In my spare time I like to pursue personal photographic projects; many of which you can see here on my website. My personal work has been published in magazines and newspapers across Canada and the US. My work is represented by Arts & Architecture in Ottawa, Canada and by the Salish Sea Market in Bowser on Vancouver Island. Many pieces from my portfolio are held by private collectors throughout North America. In 2008 my fine art photography was recognized by PhotoLife Magazine when I was named one of Canada’s Emerging Photographers.
I have been married to the adorable Cindy for more than 30+ years and we are rarely seen without out a dear puppy Chelsea who’s been taking us for walks for more than 12 years.
- Group Exhibition - "The Art of Travel Photography" - The PhotoPlace Gallery, Middlebury, Vermont, USA - June 2nd - June 27th, 2014
- Solo Exhibition - "The Charm of Fishing" - McMillian Arts Centre, Parksville, BC - April 2nd - April 27th, 2013
- Group Exhibition & Sale - "Island Art Expo" - Lighthouse Community Center, Qualicum Bay, BC - November 3rd & 4th, 2012
- Group Exhibition & Sale - "Art & Photography in the Garden" - Milner Gardens & Woodland, Qualicum Beach, BC - July 21st & 22nd, 2012
- Group Exhibition & Sale - "Art & Photography in the Garden" - Milner Gardens & Woodland, Qualicum Beach, BC - July 16th & 17th, 2011
- Solo Exhibition - "On the Prairie" - Centrepointe Theatre Gallery, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - February 18th - March 23rd, 2011
- Group Exhibition - "Diffusion Exhibition" - SpringBox Gallery, Portland, Oregon, USA - July 9th - September 30th, 2010
- Group Exhibition - "First of all, for delight" - Arts & Architecture, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - May 8th - May 16th, 2010
- Solo Exhibition "Forests of Losts Dreams" - Arts & Architecture Gallery, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - April 7th - April 18th, 2010
- Group Exhibition - "Portrait of the Artist" - Arts & Architecture, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - February 17th - February 28th, 2010
- Group Exhibition - "Representation Artists" - Arts & Architecture, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - October 15th - November 1st, 2009
- Group Exhibition - Friends of the Farm Fine Art Exhibition & Sale, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - October 9th - 12th, 2009
- Guest Artist - Gallery 6, Kemptville, Ontario, Canada - April 1st - May 29th, 2009
- Solo Exhibition "Vecchia Struttura" - Arts & Architecture Gallery, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - February 11th - March 1st, 2009
- Group Exhibition - owaa gallery - Stittsville, Ontario, Canada - November 1, 2008 - March 4, 2009
- Solo Exhibition - Ravensara Gallery, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - September 8th - October 8th, 2008
Awards & Publications
- The Art of Travel Photography - May 26, 2014
- Oceanside Star - Unique photography on display at the MAC - April 4, 2013
- Parksville & Qualicum Beach Official 2011 Travel & Leisure Guide
- JPG Magazine - Issue25 - 2011
- Beacon Magazine (Cover) - November 2010
- Diffusion Magazine, Volume II, 2010, Group Showcase
- Interview - Unfolding Magazine, April 5, 2010
- CAPA 2009 Annual Digital Competition, First place, October 2009
- Photosho Magazine, Issue 5, Rural & Urban Architectural Grandeur, Feature Image, April 2009
- Photolife Magazine Showtime Contest, Runner-Up, March 2009
- Ottawa Citizen - Inside Out - February 7, 2009
- Photolife Magazine's Emerging Photographer of 2008, September 2008
All of the images on the website are available for sale at Arts & Architecture in Ottawa, Ontario and at the Salish Sea Market in Bowser, Vancouver Island. Limited edition prints are listed and the availability of remaining prints are shown. All prints are signed and numbered by the artist on the back of the each print. Price increases as each edition sells out.